Alternating Pressure Overlays
DabirAIR® Surfaces introduces a new and innovative alternating pressure overlay system to help front-line critical care staff provide improved continuums of care for immobilized patients who are at risk of pressure ulcer formation. As acute-care patient populations become demographically older and possess multiple risk factors; compounded by long surgical procedures and the fact that CMS no longer covers treatment costs for hospital acquired pressure ulcers, prevention is the key for all in achieving better clinical outcomes.
Pressure ulcers develop quickly and can be a result of cumulative periods of immobilization throughout a patients hospital stay. As a continuum of care technology, the DabirAIR Micropressure and Microclimate Overlays are easy to deploy and come in a variety of sizes and shapes to address the many immobilizing support surfaces patients encounter throughout their treatment regimen.
Fundamentally, Dabir technology targets the key tissue preserving circulatory components of arterial, venous and lymphatic blood flow. To accomplish this, DabirAIR Micropressure and Microclimate Overlays provide localized alternating support and tissue relief with minimal immersion and inflation skin-shear effects. DabirAIR Microclimate MedSurg Overlays also include an added feature benefit of Low-Air-Loss evaporative cooling to remove excess heat and moisture from the areas in contact with the patient’s skin.
Other standard DabirAIR Overlay features and benefits:
- Thin, low-profile design that is only 1” thick when inflated
- Positions over standard mattresses or surgical pads and is covered by conventional linens
- Overlays incorporate electronic intelligence for automated replacement monitoring
- Micropressure: Semi-disposable / multi-patient use with standard hospital cleaning protocols (Easy wipe-down cleaning
- Microclimate: Semi-disposable / single-patient use with standard hospital cleaning protocols (Easy wipe-down cleaning)
Please call one of our clinical consultants today to learn more about how DabirAIR Micropressure and Microclimate Overlays can become part of your hospitals continuum of care.